Many things went wrong this weekend. In lieu of a company picnic, our company gave us all tickets to go to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure on Saturday, the 20th. So Saturday morning, I woke up early so I can head out to early. I was planning to leave the house by 7. I was running a little bit behind but then I hit the first snag; I couldn't find my wallet. I looked all over the place (car, purse, backpack, work bag, etc... many times each. So, I decided to drive to the office in case I left it there by accidentally; maybe it fell out of my purse in the drawer. I packed up everything including the dog in the car so I can head out from the office. Well, it was not at the office so I came back home to look some more. Then, I gave up and started calling around cancelling my credit cards & debit cards. *big sigh* What a pain that was. (Fortunately, I had made a photo copy of my credit cards and driver license). By the time I left the house, it was 9:40. I hadn't even had breakfast yet.
I went to my parents and dropped off the dog; had a quick bite to eat. Then, I headed out but had to stop by the credit union to get out some cash to last me for several days. Since I hardly ever go to the branch location, I couldn't quite remember how to get there. Another snafu!!!
So, once I get to Disneyland, you'd think things would be much better. Well, they were for a little bit, then I hit small snags like Pirates was closed. When I went back to Pirates later, it closed right when I got there. Urgh! Then, I tried Splash Mountain (my favorite ride) but the line was too long, like an hour wait. Try Splash mountain again later, the line was shorter, waited in line for 15-20 minutes, and they closed it down. This was not my day. In the end, I was able to get on Pirates and Splash mountain was the last ride I got it but it was getting dark by then and I got soaked. Not the greatest idea to get wet when the sun is down; brrr... But, that was the last ride so I was able to go home and dry off.
The bad luck didn't end on Saturday, it continued onto Sunday. I had work to do in the afternoon and I tried to finish it before I went on to do a packwalk with Kunu. Well, I ran into an issue when I was finishig up what I was testing. Darn, that means I'll have to do more work after the walk. I went to the walk but was late so the group had already left on the walk. Kunu and I tried to catch up but we couldn't. We didn't give up though, we continued on and when we go to the big grassy area where we usually stop to do obedience training. But o no, they weren't there. They were going on a different path. I could see them but they were across the creek from me and there was no way Kunu and I would catch up to them. I decided to stay and wait for a while thinking they'd finally get to where I was. Eventually they did. O yea and I forgot to mention that my bottle of water was not closed tightly so it spilled all over my backpack and the car seat, and then when I put the backpack on, the water leaked on to my shirt and pants. Grrr!!!
Back at home after the walk, I quickly ate dinner and started to do work. Then, my network connection with AT&T disconnected (it does this every so often). I couldn't get it to come back on. I decided to call customer service and after 45 minutes, the guy was not able to help me. He kept putting me on hold making me think that he doesn't know what he's doing and having to ask someone for help. His excuse was that I had an old modem. I finally asked him to get someone to help me quickly since it was 10pm and he finally forwarded my call to someone else and that person was able to help me get connected within 5-10 minutes.
O yea, and I forgot to mention that I did find my wallet. I had left it in the restaurant where I had lunch on Friday. I picked up the wallet on Sunday but since I'd already cancelled my credit cards, I had to wait for them to arrive in the mail.
The bad luck didn't really end on Sunday but that's enough typing for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment