Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getty Center

I finally went to the Getty Center (haven't been even though it's been remodeled in 1997) and to my pleasant surprise, there was an exhibit of Leonardo Da Vinci's work.  I love Leonardo Da Vinci.  I think he's amazing.  The exhibit itself was pretty small but there were some sculptures (not by Da Vinci) from the campanile in Florence.  That made me long to visit Florence and look at those sculptures more carefully.

Here are some pictures of the Getty Center (wasn't able to take pictures of the Da Vinci exhibit).
























I really love how they made these bougainvilleas look like trees.




























I waited a long time to get this picture with noone in it and I snapped it so quickly, it's off center.











Last week, we went hiking in the Angeles National Forest to see Sturtevant Falls.










In order to get to the waterfall, we had to cross a creek on rocks 3 times.

2 comments:

Jeppsson said...

I bet the hike was exciting for the little furkids. :-)

M said...

The Getty Center looks amazing!