Monday, July 16, 2012

Persistence and focus

It's funny how focused I can be when it comes to working in the craft room. I had an idea to get a folding table in there so I can have more table space.  In order to fit the table in there, I'd have to move some furniture around.  So Sunday evening (after an early dinner), I set off to do just that.

O but first, I set off to clear half of the closet in the craft room so I can set up this "shoe rack" I got from Costco.  It wasn't too hard to do but 2 of the slats did some loose when the screws fell off.  I tried to screw one back on but nope, that didn't help.  O well.  Since that was the last shelf, I didn't feel like undoing everything and packing it all up to return it.  So I kept it and put it in the closet.  Yeah.  One item done.  Just to clarify, I'm not going to put shoes in there, it's all going to be crafting stuff.





Next, I had to unload the paper rack so I can take it off the side table in order for me to move it.  I did try to move the paper rack without unload it and it was too heavy.  So moving that stuff wasn't hard.  The next thing to move was this big storage piece.  It was hard to put together even with my dad helping.  Moving it was just as hard because 1) it was on carpet so it didn't glide over easily and 2) it started coming apart at the seams.  Argh!  But, this is where my persistence comes in and I moved it little by little; first one side, and then the other side.  After that, the hard part was making sure the pieces fit back together and even harder was the very bottom piece had totally come off both sides.  Long story short, after about an hour and some sweat, I got it all back together.  Phew.  Now, I gotta re-organize the items. Lots of stuff in the middle of the room that came out of the closet and so the work will continue tonight.  Needless to say, I totally ignored the garage again.



On the dog front, we did do a packwalk Sunday morning and got to practice some obedience while we went to a restaurant with a few of the people and their dogs.  Here they are "stay"ing while I walk away.  and yes, they are doing well because they know the treats are coming.


No comments: