My first time on a subway in LA
So these last few days, I’ve been working very long hours. (We’re doing data conversion for the first time). Yesterday, I had to be in LA but I didn’t have any early meetings. So I decided to take the later train to get to LA. Later train meant leaving the house at 7 to take the 7:30 train. (In the past, I’ve taken the 5:30 train.) Well, I still woke up at the normal time because that’s when the puppy wakes up too. I finished getting ready early so I was just tidying up the kitchen a little bit. I remember thinking; I should just head out to the train station in case something causes me to get there late. Well, by the time I pulled out of the garage, it was 7 as my original schedule. I got to the train station and could not find a parking space. I didn’t know it would be hard to find a spot at this later time. So I had to go across the street and park along the street. So by then it was 7:25 and I was doubting that I’d make it to the train station on time because I still had to walk way across the street, go to buy a ticket, cross the tracks to the other side. Actually, I ran. Well, when I was waiting for the light to change to cross the street to the train station, the train arrived. Arghhh. So I turned around and went back to my car, drove to the parking lot to find a parking spot since some of the people arriving and getting off the trains would be vacating some parking spots. I had no problems finding a spot to park this time. I ended up taking the 8:am train instead.
O now to the real point of the story. Since I got to LA union station later than usual, there were no shuttle busses running. I usually take the shuttle bus to the office and yesterday I realized they only run during rush hour time. So I had to call a co-worker (Kevin) to ask what metro line I need to take. I had to take the red line to Pershing Square. I followed the signs downstairs to the red line but when it lead to more stairs to the tracks, I wasn’t sure I was at the right place since the sign on the tracks said Wilshire Center. I had to ask someone if that was the red line and fortunately, it was. Then, the subway got there and some people were getting on and some weren’t. So I thought hmm, maybe that train doesn’t go to Pershing Square so I didn’t get on. Fortunately, the guy I had asked earlier was nice enough to help me more. He asked me where I was going and then he motioned for me to get on the train. :o) Then 2 stops later, the train arrived at Pershing Square and I got off. Then, the next puzzle is which exit to take, Pershing Square or 4th street? Well, I know the office is right on 4th so I took that exit. Fortunately again, that was the right choice and I got to work. The only bad part was I had to walk up the hill to get to the building. But, hey, I got my exercise for the day.
Costco anonymous
I just recently got a membership to Costco with my mom and I don’t know what it is but I’ve been going there 3 or 4 times a week. It’s kind of crazy considering I live alone. I don’t need a lot of stuff in bulk but I’ve been buying things like books, cd’s, lotion, flowers, and some frozen food. One of the reasons I went there multiple times was I had to order contact lenses. First, I went to order then and I didn’t have the right prescription, then I went to order them for real. Then I had to go back to pick them up. On that last occasion, I also dropped off some pictures to be printed and written to a CD. I ended up having to wait an hour for them to be complete so of course, I shopped around for and needless to say, I bought a lot of stuff. What would a single person living alone have to buy at Costco? Well, I bought a set of 2 fire extinguishers to keep at the house in case of emergency, a flashlight set, and lots of frozen food. :o) The only bad part about Costco is that I can’t use my credit card and rack up more points. Too bad.
More training for Kunu
Kunu is a bit better behaved in that he’s better at listening to the word NO and stopping whatever he’s doing that prompted the No. He’s still a little rambunctious guy and gets into everything. I wanted to get him more trained so I’ve signed us up for a 5 week training class with 2 personal training sessions at home. We’ve done 2 training classes so far. This one uses a different method of training. It’s the positive reinforcement kind of training using a clicker. Last time, it was the correction method where you yank his collar to correct him from doing something that he’s not supposed to do. I’m not sure which is better. The clicker method seems to work out well for Kunu since it involves him getting a treat every time he does something right. :o)
Here are some videos of Kunu:
at the beach
Hungry cry
3 comments:
I like that you actually write stuff on the blog. I feel like I actually get updated on your life. =)
I'd try to do that on mine, but seriously, everything is way too boring to mention.
Oh sheesh, Costco is an evil place. You never walk out of that place spending less than a hundred buck!
Yup, trying to keep long distance family and friends updated on my life but alas I should write more. As a matter, it should also update short distance friends.
Post a Comment