Friday, November 20, 2009

First fight

First fight - Last night, after I turned out the lights, Kunu and Scarlett had a little fight in bed.  Kunu wasn't feeling weel that evening and so he was a little touchy.  He wanted to sleep by me last night when he usually sleeps by my feet.  Scarlett was laying next to him and me too.  I know when Kunu is not well, he doesn't want to be touched so he nipped at her for being too close.  She yelped and walked away.  So I just ended up sleeping as a barrier between the 2.
Here's when Kunu wasn't feeling well earlier in the evening.  I didn't put him in a time out.


Food at last -I've been struggling to get them to eat these last few days.  Scarlett was being a bit finicky and probably also stressed out about all these changes to her life.  Kunu would want to eat her food instead of eating his own.  So then, I started to try to feed them in their crates.  Well, Kunu would scream in protest from his crate, that would stress Scarlett out and she wouldn't eat either.  Anyway, I started to practice a little bit of tough love by taking their food away if they didn't eat their food after 10-15 mins.  I would still relent for a little bit and try to get them to eat again.  But, last night, we had a breakthrough and both started to eat kibble.  I was so relieved for Scarlett because she hadn't eaten much since I picked her up.  Finally, YEAH.   They are both continuing to eat this morning and evening.

Chillaxing - I've been working alot these last few days, doing work from home in the evenings.  I am also not feeling too well so tonight, I laid down to rest in front of the tv while watching Jeopardy.  Well, I laid out a small comforter for them (pink) and laid down on my comforter.  But, both kiddies wanted to be on my comforter and use me as their pillow.

First, Scarlett rests her head on my knee.  Then, Kunu did the same.



Here, they are crowding me on the same comforter and I have to bend my legs while they left that entire pink comforter empty.
 

Scarlett found a new spot to relax tonight, underneath the coffee table.  LOL

No comments: