Thursday, February 11, 2010

Playing together

I finally saw Scarlett and Kunu playing together last night.  Actually, it was also the first time I saw Scarlett playing with a toy.  She was chewing on the same toy Kunu was playing with.  I was able to capture a picture and a video.

On a serious note, I found a tick on Kunu Sunday night.  Eww.  Here's a picture of it.   I had to look up on the internet how to remove it.  Of course, I didn't remove it correctly and there was still a piece of it stuck it there.  I call the vet the next morning and the one the person asked that it'll be ok, put neosporin on it a few times a day and it'll eventually fall off.  Ok, I had to go buy neosporin and the tough part was finding the spot with that thing still in there.  Fortunately, I was able to find it.

I thought finally, Kunu will be able to get a good night's sleep because the last few nights, he'd been getting up in the middle of the night, walk off or jump off the bed and vigorously shake his head and then scratch his ears.  I thought he was doing that because of the tick.  But NO.  The next night, he was still scratching his ears alot and when I looked at his ears, one of them was really red.  I didn't really look deep inside, just knew I had to take him to the vet the next morning.  Tuesday morning, I was able to get in at 8:30 and I took both of the tibbies to the vet.  I didn't think Scarlett would do well being home alone and when we got there, she was shaking so I didn't want to leave her in the car either.  I guess she remembers the place from when she was spayed.  Poor baby.  Long story short, both tibs had ear mites.  Another Ewww.  But, at least, we were able to get their ears cleaned out and get meds on them.  Since Kunu's ears were the worst, he got medicine to take at home to help with the itching.  While we were at the vet, I asked about the tick piece still in there.  This was a different vet (not the one who answered the question when I called about it).  She looked at it and said that was the tick head still in there and needed to get that out.  OK so they took Kunu to the back to take it out.  She said the hook was deeply burrowed in there.  That cost $27 just to take that thing off.  O well, as long as it was to keep Kunu healthy and comfortable.

The best part, Kunu hasn't been shaking his head and scratching.  But, Scarlett is still scratching a little bit.  Needless to say, I put Frontline Plus on both of them tonight.

No comments: