Saturday started out with sleeping in and then packing stuff into the car to drop off the dogs at my parents. I had to grab a sandwich and eat lunch in the car since it was noon. I had to be back in Newport beach by 1:30 to help set up for Casino night. Casino night is a fundraising event for the non profit
organization I volunteer at. The event started at 6pm and I left around 9:30 or 10 to go to a friend's house to celebrate her birthday. We went out dancing and then back to her place to have porridge. By then it was 3am or so and I just hung out there until 5am. I figured it was better to wait then to go to my parents at 3 or 4 because the dogs would bark and wake up my parents. My dad wakes up around 5am anyway. It was perfect timing because as I was driving down my parents' street, I see my dad walking the dogs for their morning business outing. He told them it was mommy so they insisted on coming back home. Then, it was feeding time for them.
I went to bed then and slept until 10ish but woke up once around 8:30 when my parents took the dogs for their daily walk. After then, it was packing up again and go to a picnic with the same friends. I took the dogs with me and from there, I went back home.
Scarlett and I started obedience class today; it was a class of 6 other dog/human pairs including us. We did great for our first class, according to our instructor. Here's what we covered in class:
- First, sit and bond with the dog through petting and massaging
- Walk around our area with the dog so instructor can observe
- Work with the dog and get them to respond to his/her name
- Touch - an exercise to get the dog to touch your hand with his/her nose
- More practice w/ the name and touch
- Another walk around the area with the dog
Scarlett is a well behaved dog and people may wonder why we need to do obedience class but there's always something we need to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment