Monday, November 29, 2010

Brrr It's cold

It doesn't feel like southern CA anymore.  It's been cold and windy.  The lows are in the mid 30s.  I do not like the cold.  I was working from home today and it was cold downstairs.  I finally got warm by putting on some wool socks.

I had a great long weekend.  I took Friday off to go do some shopping hoping to catch some good black Friday deals.  I ended up going later than planned since I was out to dinner with my mom and a family friend's house.  We stayed there until midnight and so we didn't get out of the house until 9 or so and that's after taking the dogs for a long walk.

I went to Target first to get the Dyson Animal vacuum and opened up a Target credit card to get the extra 5% off.  Then, off to Joann to buy some scrapbooking stuff.  But since I got there so late, a lot of the Sizzix dies were gone; they were 60% off.  O well, I had gotten alot from the warehouse sale anyway.  In the same plaza, there was a Marshalls and Ross so we went there too.  I didn't buy much there, just some things here and there like home decor stuff, a leash for the dogs that had built-in bag holder and flashlight.

I went to Michaels every day since Thursday.  They had a big doorbuster sale on Thursday from 5-9pm so I bought some storage stuff to put in the soon-to-be craftroom.  There were lots of coupons for every day and so I went there to buy stuff using the 50% off coupon.

The dogs and I ended up sleeping over at my parents since Wednesday night.  Another reason to stay there was I also had plans to go to a friend's house to do another Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.  So I left the dogs with my mom since we were meeting at 3pm.  They had to stay with her so she can feed them for me.

O and something new I did this past weekend is to bake.  I tried a recipe on the Vitamix recipe book and made cranberry nut bread.  It turned out to be quite dry since I didn't use oil and I only used one orange instead of 2.  Next time, I'll have to add orange juice or something.  I was going to also use the Vitamix to make strawberry ice cream but didn't get to.  Since we had ice cream cake and it was cold, I didn't think it was necessary to make the ice cream.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: